Sunday, January 23, 2011

Yoga in Point Reyes

I've begun a collaboration with yoga instructor Rebecca Mayne, aimed at creating a series of images that will hopefully aid in her development as a teacher, and likewise my development as a photographer. These images are just the beginning of a hopeful project that will evolve as Rebecca and I further develop our vision.




We spent the day at North Beach in Point Reyes.


Although the Ice Grass is invasive, I found it to be wonderfully colorful and complimentary.


The weather was a mix of sun and fog, providing a lighting situation which would have been impossible to ask for, but provided a wonderful soft glow.




I was a sucker for the classic lotus position. Rebecca's skill as a yogi is incredible, and we only skimmed the surface in terms of her capabilities.


I'd like to thank all my friends who came out to the beach with us on Saturday, in particular John Kerr  who provided lighting assistance, and of course Rebecca Mayne for being my amazingly talented model.

Rebecca has both a great blog and a website that deal with her theory and practice of yoga.

3 comments:

  1. Endless thanks, Mike! You are very talented, and such a pleasure to work with! :) These look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Michael - I just love your photos - and the model is great too. I am the Editor/Publisher of a magazine called The Art of Healing, and I was wondering if I could get permission from you to republish them in our publication? We don't remunerate photographers or writers, but we would be able to give you a credit and link to nominated website. Our website is: http://www.theartofhealing.com.au.

    Thanks and regards
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just revisiting this section of the blog because some people were referred to my blog through here....I saw the above comment...How did the publication go?
    <3 Becks :)

    ReplyDelete